Yin & Yoga Nidra
Yin & Yoga Nidra class, includes a yin practice followed by 30 minutes Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra means sleep with full awareness. It is a deep relaxation and meditation technique for body, mind and soul.
Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga with postures or asanas that are held for several minutes. Yin poses apply moderate stress to the connective tissues – the tendons, fascia, and ligaments – with the aim of increasing blood circulation in the joints and improving flexibility.
Yoga Nidra means sleep with full awareness. It is a deep relaxation and meditation technique for body, mind and soul. Yoga Nidra will give incredible calmness, quietness and clarity on a mental, physical and emotional level. It helps with better sleep, stress relieve and improves concentration, creativity and intuition.
Yin & Yoga Nidra is accessible to everyone and is a great way to wind down at the end of the day.
Please arrive 10 minutes early to set up and prepare. Bring a towel and water.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra meditation practice:
• improves the quality of your sleep and the amount of your sleep
• soothes your autonomic nervous system
• enhances your mental focus and attention span
• improves your creativity and whole brain functioning
• gives you more ease and peace of mind in daily life
• helps create new neural pathways in your brain leading to healthy habits & routines